Saturday, January 25, 2014

You're In My Heart

      Once again this week, I have been in awe of such selfless, caring, creative, and sensational friends who are encouraging me as I go through this journey for a kidney transplant.  When I began this journey, I prayed for God to help me make it through as smooth and easy as possible.   It is amazing how prayers have been answered.
 
      Selfless friends have encouraged me this week by contacting UNC about being a living donor for the transplant.  I can not even explain the emotion I feel knowing others are actually willing to go through this process.  Their willingness to sacrifice for me is very  humbling.
  
     There are also others who would like to be a potential donor, but can not due to health conditions.  I received the sweetest message this week from one of Ronnie's childhood friends stating she and her husband went to the doctor to determine if they could be potential donors.   Both were diagnosed with diabetes. She was extremely disappointed about not being able to help me.  Brings tears to my eyes when I think about them, because they truly wanted to be potential donors.
 
     Caring friends have definitely brightened my soul this week and depleted my tear supply  at the same time.   I have cried so much in the past week due to the caring spirit of others. A friend from work began writing blog at the beginning of the year.  Earlier this week she wrote about my journey for a transplant and asked others to consider being a living donor and  participate in the 31 Gifts online fundraising  party hosted by another co-worker.  Other friends have also been sharing through social media  about my journey and fundraising.  It is touching to see my blog and fundraising information on  Twitter, Facebook, email and even Pinterest.  A childhood friend who I have not seen in countless years shared my blog on  the kidney page for Pinterest. (I had no clue there was even a kidney page on Pinterest).  Another childhood friend sent an email to members of The Class of 1982 from Rosewood High School with a link to my blog.   I can not thank each of you enough for what you that have done during the past few weeks by sharing my journey. 
      An extremely creative friend put a very big smile on my face this week.   Don't think I am exaggerating to note many co-workers have been talking behind my back during the past few days.  The conversation has been about  the cutest kidney pin you have ever seen.  A co-worker discovered this pin on the web and knew she had a phenomenal means to assist in fundraising.  I was sitting at my desk Friday morning, when 3 co-workers came in my classroom wearing kidney pins in support of the transplant.  I could not believe it!  My mouth hung open for  few minutes in amazement of their creative support . The phrase "Urine My Heart"  is priceless.  The pin is a kidney and the background is paper.   $5 donations are being accepted if you would like to order one.Photo: Another way to show our support for Myra. $5 if you're interested. All monies go to Myra's foundation. Pin can be worn with the yellow backer and or just the kidney by itself. So cute!!!


       As you have read, I have sensational friends. Information will be shared in the near future about fundraising events which include a golf tournament,  Premier Jewelry sale, painting  at Wine and Design, t-shirt sale and possibly a  5K fun walk.  The  31 Gifts fundraising online fundraising event is through January 31.  100% of the commission from this event will be given to my fundraising account.  You can shop at  Jinzo for Jones on Facebook.  Also,   if you are interested in becoming a living donor, please call Amy Woodard at UNC. Her number is 919) 966-3079. 
 
     Prayers are greatly appreciated as I continue this journey.  My biggest struggle at this time is feeling exhausted.   Next week will be the first week I will be at work each day since the last week in October. Besides the week of December 23, I have been to kidney transplant related appointments for 11 weeks.   The are many appointments in the future, but I will gladly take a week off from waiting rooms, needles, medical tests, stethoscopes and white coats!
 
      Thanks again to my selfless, caring, creative, and sensational   friends.  Always remember,  Urine My Heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment