Friday, January 31, 2014

Truly Overwhelmed by the Generosity of Others

     I can not  begin to thank everyone for their generosity as I go through this journey for a kidney transplant.  This journey seems surreal and I still cannot believe it is happening to me. Once again, I am overwhelmed by the generosity of so many.  Each day this week I have been brought to tears by the kindness of others. To explain how I feel, can not be put into words. 
 
     A few weeks ago, Tiffany Barber called me to say she was going to sell 31 Gifts as a means to fundraise for me.  She sponsored an online party and sold an abundance of products.  I received credit for about $1000 in free products and chose several items for raffles at various fundraising events. The commission of the party was approximately $400 and 100% is allocated for fundraising.  Tiffany surprised me once again with announcing 50% of the commission for parties held in February will be for fundraising. At this time, four parties are booked.  Please let Tiffany or me know if you would like to book a party or make a purchase.  Thanks to everyone who helped this first party become a success or booked a party for next month.
 
   Many people loved the Urine My Heart pin I received from Janice Wilson.  It is incredibly touching to see many co-workers wearing the kidney pin in support of the transplant.  Last weekend, Ronnie and I decided to order more pins after a few friends asked about getting one.   A phenomenal number of friends have requested pins since that time.  We will place the order today and should receive the pins in about a week.

   Ronnie and Rick Green, Director of Golf at Lane Tree Golf Course in Goldsboro have been planning a golf tournament.  I am amazed  how much they have accomplished this week.  The tournament will be held, May 2 at Lane Tree Golf Course.  We need golfers, volunteers, sponsors  and raffle items. Responses thus far from people and organizations contacted have been exceptional.   One VERY EXCEPTIONAL response includes Anthony Floars of Deacon Jones Kia offering a 2014 Kia Optima for a Hole in One!  I am still in awe! Anthony's parents, Jackie and Sue Floars are the couple who took Ashley as a newborn when I had renal failure.  Thanks to everyone who has already contacted us wanting to participate.  Please share the news about the golf tournament.  We need lots of individuals to make this day a success.
 
     Other fundraising events will be taking place in the next few months.   Kathryn West will sponsor a Premiere Jewelry party and we are planning Wine and Design events in Cary and Goldsboro.  Also, we are planning a 5K at Benson Park in Garner in the fall.  If you have ideas for successful fundraising events, please let me know.  I want to have all donor out of pocket expenses covered for before, during and after the transplant.

     Finally, thanks to everyone who has contacted UNC about becoming a potential donor.  This transplant journey has to be one of the most humbling experiences of my life.  Earlier this week, Michael, the husband of my dear friend Lanie who died last January of cancer told me he wanted to be a potential donor. Lanie would be so proud!  It is just unbelievable to see how much others care and want to help me.  If you have been considering becoming a potential donor, please contact Amy Woodard, Living Donor Coordinator at 919- 966-3079.
 
    Wish I could find the right words to say thank you to everyone for helping me through this journey.  God is blessing beyond my expectations.  I am truly overwhelmed by the generosity of others.  Please continue to pray specifically that I find a living donor, maintain present kidney function so that I do not have to go  on dialysis and remain well enough to work.  Thank you!

If you would like a copy of the flyer and registration form, please email me at Carolinakidney@gmail.com.   I will gladly send you the information.   Thanks!
.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment