Monday, June 30, 2014

Rest, Tests and Blessings

     Summer is my favorite season and even though it is hot outside, I love this time of year.  School dismissed just over 2 weeks ago and I am extremely thankful for some time to rest and reduce the amount of stress in my life. 
     Next Monday, I prepare for kidney function tests. Tuesday I will have the tests completed, see Dr. Falk on the afternoon of July 10 and receive test results at the appointment.  When I saw him May 1, my kidney function was stable from February at 22%.  22% was a major increase from 15% in December.  As I have mentioned before, I have difficulty with remaining tired, dry mouth and a consistent metal taste in my mouth.  It would not hurt my feelings one bit next week if Dr. Falk told me I needed a transplant the next day.  Actually now that I say that, I don't really  mean the next day. In all seriousness, I know God has perfect timing for when the transplant will occur.  
      Angela Oldham is the top person on the potential donor list and should be tested in August.  I will have to begin dialysis if I don't have a donor at the time I need a transplant.  If a donor is in place, long term dialysis will not be necessary.  Please pray that Angela or others who are potential donors will be a match for a transplant. 
      I received wonderful news today in the mail from HelpHOPELive.  HelpHOPELive is the non-profit organization which holds the funds we have raised for transplant expenses.  $1,000 has been deposited into my account from the organization.  This is the SECOND $1,000 grant  I have received from HelpHOPELive!  The grant is issued for each $10,000 we raise. We have raised just over $28,000 from fundraising events and gifts from individuals. At the current time, we do not have any fundraising events scheduled, but greatly appreciate everyone who has contributed in numerous ways thus far.  You may view my page keying in  www.HelpHOPELive.org, click on find a patient, key in my first and last name and then click on kidney for type of transplant. You should then be on my page.  Please take time to read the appeal letter from Ronnie. 
    Much thanks to so many who have prayed for me as I go through this journey.  I tremendously appreciate the support of many friends, family members and strangers.  May God continue to Bless Each of You!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment