Thursday, February 20, 2014

Better Than I Ever Imagined

       I would just like to say thank you so, so much to everyone who has prayed for me as I go through this journey.  Prayers have been answered!  Today I went to see Dr. Falk for a follow-up appointment.  I always go to the lab on Monday before appointments with him on Thursday so he will know the results of kidney function tests.   Of course I was very anxious about seeing him today since my kidney function had gone down to 15% in December.  I am happy to share my kidney function was up to 22% (which is what it was in October)!   Dr. Falk was very pleased and contributes the improvement to weight loss.  Since July 18, I have lost 32.4 pounds.  When you are a woman, every tenth counts!  23 more pounds to shed in order to meet goal weight.  Thankfully the percentage of kidney function increased by 7 and did not decrease by 7.  He said once my kidney function is around 10%, I will begin dialysis. Thanks to everyone who has prayed about my kidney function, because 22% kidney function buys me more time before beginning dialysis or having a transplant.  The news I received today was better than I ever imagined.  Dr. Falk did share that going through End-Stage Renal Failure is not easy and that I was going to have to endure symptoms I deal with each day.  Some of the symptoms include feeling exhausted, metallic taste in my mouth (tastes like I have been sucking a mouth full of nickels) and excessive dry mouth.  Please pray these symptoms improve.
    Many people have contributed to fundraising events being held.  I just never dreamed how well friends and even strangers would respond. Your generosity is more than I ever imagined.   Thanks.
       

2 comments:

  1. Woo woo! Way to go Jones! Glad to hear some good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your support during this journey.

    ReplyDelete